The Lutheran World Federation (LWF) invites applications from Individuals who are willing to undergo a degree program related to related to theological, diaconal and development work.
The scholarship program helps churches to acquire qualified personnel for spiritual care and diaconal work. The main criteria for a candidate approval are the church’s corresponding need to increase its human and institutional capacity, either in areas of theology or Diakonia/development.
- Application Deadline: October 1st 2018
- Type: Undergraduate , Masters, PhD/Postdoctorate & Research
- Eligible Countries: Developing countries in Asia, Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean
- Applicants must be active members of LWF churches
- Applicants must be citizens of a developing country
- Age limits: Only candidates up to a certain age are eligible for LWF scholarships, depending on the pursued degree:
||Maximum age at the time of application*
Each LWF member church can submit up to five applications, respecting the LWF quota of 40 per cent men/ women and 20 per cent young adults below the age of 30 years. No applications from individuals will be considered.
A maximum of 5 applications per church may be submitted. They should be sent as a scan to email@example.com; the hard copies should be sent to:
The Lutheran World Federation
Department for Mission and Development
Diakonia and Development Desk
P.O. Box 2100 CH-1211 Geneva 2
For more information about the Theology, Diaconal & Development Scholarships For Developing Countries, visit the official website.