The National University of Singapore aims to attract and train talented science and engineering international students who have the potential to create and lead technology companies through scholarship programs.
Students develop their research skills by doing a PhD in a scientific or engineering discipline, choosing among a wide range of departments and advisers.
The NGS Scholarship is awarded to talented students with an aptitude for innovative, high calibre PhD research.
- Application Deadline: 15th December 2018
- Award Provider: The National University of Singapore
Women and men of all nationalities, with an undergraduate or Masters degree in any scientific, engineering, maths or IT discipline, previously awarded or expected, are eligible to apply. Other criteria for eligibility are:
- Graduates with a passion for cross-disciplinary research in science, engineering, computing, and related aspects of medicine.
- Graduates with at least 2nd Upper Honours, or equivalent qualifications.
- GRE is compulsory for all except for applicants from NUS or NTU. Note that gate is NOT acceptable.
- TOEFL is compulsory (ONLY applicable for applicants whose native tongue or medium of undergraduate instruction is not in English).
- Monthly stipend, up to 4 years of the PhD studies, or up to the date of graduation, whichever is earlier, of
- S$3,500 for Singapore Citizens, plus Central Provident Fund (CPF) contributions at a rate pegged to the prevailing employer’s contribution rate set by CPF
- S$3,200 for Singapore Permanent Residents
- S$3,000 for International students
- Full tuition fee subsidy for 4 years.
- Other allowances include
- computer allowance
- book allowance
- conference allowance.
- The student must commit to PhD from the outset, cannot exit with MSc.
- Students are not eligible for the President’s Graduate Fellowship (PGF).
- The award is renewable, subject to the satisfactory academic performance of CAP ≥ 3.8 at the end of every semester.
- Applicants doing a Masters programme at the point of application
- must have officially completed the Master’s programme, and
- must have been conferred the Master’s degree before matriculating in NGS for PhD at NGS.
- Applicants who have submitted their Master’s thesis only, but who
- have not officially graduated from the Master’s programme, and
- have not been conferred the Master’s degree must, therefore, defer their admission (from matriculation to registration) into NGS until the Master’s degree has been officially awarded.
- required to serve any bond after graduation from existing (be it Bachelor / Master’s) programme, and who intend to commence their NGS’ PhD immediately after official graduation and/or
- serving any bond at the point of application to NGS’ PhD should declare such information in the Questionnaire section of the application form.
How to Apply:
Only Online Applications are accepted. For instructions and application procedures, please click here.
- Only online applications via https://inetapps.nus.edu.sg/GDA2/Home.aspx are accepted.
- You must also complete a critical Google Questionnaire.
- Your application is only considered COMPLETE after you
- submit your PDF dossier
- submit your hardcopy package
- complete and submit your Google Questionnaire.
Note: For further queries about the NGS Scholarship, please contact Ms Anu at +65-6516 1480. Her email address is email@example.com.