With an affordable Bachelor's Degree in Psychology Online, you can gain those job-ready skills in a way that fits your busy life. Studying online, you’re choosing a thorough program that touches on a number of essential areas of psychology, as well as general skills such as public speaking, effective composition, and data analysis.
Upon graduation, you will be ready to go on to an Ashworth College bachelor’s degree program without any additional preparation and you can do it all at your own pace and on a schedule that works for you!
Gain a deeper understanding of the mind, human motivation, and behaviour, and boost your career prospects with a Bachelor's Degree in Psychology Online. From human growth and development to the factors that shape personality, you’ll graduate with a well-rounded foundation to build a successful career in the psychology field.
What you get from Bachelor's Degree in Psychology Online at Ashworth College:
- Textbook and/or comprehensive online resources
- Online course materials and assessments are easy to access
- The opportunity to celebrate your achievements by participating in our live graduation ceremony
- Career guidance personalized to your goals.
Bachelor's Degree in Psychology Online
Most psychology careers require an advanced degree and specialized training. A Bachelor's Degree in Psychology Online can provide an excellent starting point for a career in a range of fields that require human interaction like a business, counselling, and more.
The U.S. Department of Labor predicts that jobs for Associate Degree holders will rise 10% by 2026 with a median salary of $50,230.
Bachelor's Degree in Psychology Online FAQ.
You may be taking your first steps into higher education. Or you may be considering online study for the first time. Whatever your situation, we’re here to guide you through the process and answer any questions you have.
1) What kind of companies need people who have earned an Associate Degree in Psychology online?
Many companies place a high value on people who have a Bachelor's Degree in Psychology Online. That’s because it demonstrates a deep interest in understanding human relations and behaviour and the self-motivation to gain professional-level knowledge.
In fact, earning your Associate Degree in Psychology online should be appreciated by a variety of businesses and organizations because it involves skills that can be applied on numerous fronts, from customer service and human resources to sales, management, and more.
2) Will I get career guidance as a student in the Associate Degree in Psychology online program?
Yes! All students in the online Associate Degree in Psychology program receive personalized career assistance. We’ll help you create an impactful resume, prepare for interviews, and explore job opportunities that may be available in your area.
3) What happens if it takes me longer than six months to complete each of the semesters?
We allow you up to four (4) years from the date of your enrollment to complete your Associate Degree in Psychology online degree. A self-paced, flexible study schedule is one of the many advantages of pursuing your education at Ashworth College.
Relating Bachelor's Degree in Psychology Online at Ashworth College.
Ashworth College Bachelor's Degree in Psychology Online isn’t the only psychology programs available at Ashworth College. Our other options include:
- Psychology, Bachelor's Degree
- Psychology, Undergraduate Certificate
- Psychology Introduction, Career Diploma
Bachelors in Psychology Requirements
General Requirements for the BS Degree in Psychology
- A minimum of 51 credit hours in required and elective courses, consisting of:
- PSYC 1000, 1005, 2090, 2220, 3090 and 4054
- one experiential learning course from the approved list
- two upper division natural sciences electives (from approved list)
- one of the following: PSYC 3205, PSYC 33305 or PSYC 3415
- two upper division psychology electives (from approved list)
- BIOL 2051/2071, BIOL 2061/2081, CHEM 2031/2038, CHEM 2061/2068
- A minimum of 16 upper division Psychology credit hours taken from UC Denver Downtown Campus faculty.
- No more than 56 credit hours in Psychology can count toward graduation.
- Students must have sophomore standing to be admitted to candidacy for the BS degree in psychology.
Core Course Requirements for the BS Degree in Psychology
- PSYC 1000, Introduction to Psychology I
- PSYC 1005, Introduction to Psychology II
- PSYC 2090, Statistics and Research Methods and recitation (PSY 2090R)
- PSYC 2220, Biological Basis of Behavior
- PSYC 3090, Research Methods in Psychology
- PSYC 4054, Behavioral Neuroscience
NATURAL SCIENCES CORE COURSE REQUIREMENTS (ALL REQUIRED)
- BIOL 2051, General Biology 1
- BIOL 2071, General Biology 1 Lab
- BIOL 2061, General Biology 2
- BIOL 2081, General Biology 2 Lab
- CHEM 2031, General Chemistry 1
- CHEM 2038, General Chemistry 1 Lab
- CHEM 2061, General Chemistry 2
- CHEM 2068, General Chemistry 2 Lab