APIN Public Health Initiatives is a non-governmental donor-funded organization dedicated to the prevention, treatment, care and support of diseases of public health importance in Nigeria, including HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria, among others.
APIN Public Health Initiatives has been awarded a 5 year Grant by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to implement “Improving Comprehensive AIDS Response Enhanced for Sustainability” (iCARES) project, – a hybrid of facility and community based interventions, that will expand access to comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment services in 8 states of Benue, Ekiti, Lagos, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Oyo and Plateau in Nigeria. The program, funded by US PEPFAR through CDC, aims to contribute to the UNAIDS 90-90-90 goal of HIV epidemic control in Nigeria.
We are seeking qualified and suitable candidates to assume the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Officer – Human Resource
Department: HR & Admin
- The job holder will have responsibility for providing a wide range of support in the human resource and organizational development functions.
- Drive the documentation of recruitment & selection process and leave administration
- Support and monitor the implementation of organizational effectiveness initiatives and render report on progress being made
- Actively support change management programs and activities
- Work closely with other members of the HR Team to monitor and benchmark HR systems and practices in peer organizations and report new practices for possible adoption
- Monitor adherence to personnel policies and code of conduct and render periodic reports on the level of compliance
- Support the implementation of the performance management system and support its alignment to the organizational goals
- Provide necessary assistance and make contributions to the planning and implementation of HR improvement and other related projects
Qualifications and Experience
- A First degree in the Social Sciences, the Humanities or any other relevant field and membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM).
- A minimum of 6 years cognate experience, preferably in an international NGO
Application Closing Date: 25th October, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org stating how their skills, knowledge and experience make them suitable, and addressing the person specifications highlighted above.
- The suitability statement should not exceed a page and must appear on the first page of the CV, which must be saved in Microsoft Word and as applicant’s full name.
- The subject of the mail should be the job position and location being applied for, e.g. Job Title – Location.
- Late applications will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.