The Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation awards up to fifteen doctoral scholarships for Canadian and foreign doctoral candidates pursuing research related to humanities and social sciences.
Host Institution(s): Participating Canadian Universities
Level/Fields of study:
- PhD Research Programme related to Humanities and social sciences, specifically one or more of the following areas: Human Rights and Dignity, Responsible Citizenship, Canada in the World and People and their Natural Environment
Number of Awards: Up to 15
Target group: Canadian citizens or permanent residents and international students
- The Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation scholarships provide $40,000 per year for three years, $20,000 per year for three years (as research and travel allowance) and an opportunity for a fourth year: writing or dissemination scholarship, among other benefits. Please see the official website for complete scholarship benefits.
Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Doctoral Scholarships Eligibility:
- Full-time first or second year students registered (or in the process of registering) in a doctoral program in the humanities and social sciences; and
- Canadian citizens or permanent residents registered full-time in a doctoral program in Canada, or Canadian citizens registered full-time in a doctoral program outside of Canada.
- Up to one scholar in four per given year may be a foreign national registered full-time in a doctoral program at a Canadian institution. This applies in particular to students from emerging nations.
Candidates must be nominated by the Canadian or foreign institution where they wish to study or are currently studying. Internal university deadline varies but is around Fall of 2017. The Foundation deadline for receiving files from universities is before 8 December 2017.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Deadline: before 8 Dec 2018 (annual)