The Nigerian Women Association of Georgia (NWAG), a non-profit organization based in Atlanta Georgia is offering scholarship opportunities to Nigerian female students who want to pursue an Undergraduate program at any Nigerian Universities.
This scholarship will be awarded to 37 females, one per state including The Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
Application Deadline: The application deadline for this scholarship program is on 30th May 2018.
Eligible Countries: Nigeria
NWAG Scholarships Eligibility
- Applicants must be Nigerians.
- Applicants must be Females.
- Applicants must have completed their secondary school education
- Applicants must have excellent results from previous educational programs.
The following are required during application:
- Proof of State of Origin – Letter of Origination from the university or a letter from your local government office.
- Two Letters of Recommendation from any two of the following: Church Pastor/Mosque Imam, Village Head, Local Government Chairperson or one of your Lecturers.
- One Letter of Recommendation from either the Dean of your Faculty/School or your Head of Department.
- Photocopy of your current university student identification card
- A current photograph of yourself
- An explanation of why you need and should receive the scholarship (not more than a one-half typed page).
- A type-written, double-spaced, two-page Essay on: “Women are marginalized in leadership positions in Nigeria. Position yourself as a woman activist and propose how you can advocate for women rights in government positions, challenge early/child marriage and gender discrimination”
Completed forms should be submitted alongside required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Via regular mail to:
P.O. Box 14542,
Georgia – 30324,
For More Information Visit The Scholarship Webpage.