The International Development Department is pleased to announce an exciting opportunity to undertake the MSc in International Development (Governance and State-building) with a full scholarship in University Of Birmingham, UK. Mo Ibrahim Foundation Scholarships
The scholarship is for two years to enable the applicant to complete the MSc and undertake a one-year internship, including six-months with the Mo Ibrahim Foundation.
Application Deadline: 20th May 2018
Eligible Countries: Africa
Value Of Scholarships: The scholarship includes:
- Full tuition fee
- Airfare to and from the United Kingdom and visa
- Monthly stipend of £950 for 18 months
- Arrival allowance of £950
Mo Ibrahim Foundation Scholarships Eligibility
- A first class Honours degree or equivalent from an approved university.
- Good written and spoken English. For those whose first language is not English, evidence of this capacity is required. Applicants should reach at least level 6.5 in the IELTS or 580 /93 for TOEFL. Please check the University website for more information on English language requirements.
- Applicants must be African nationals domiciled (or permanent residents) in an African country. Preference will be given to scholarship candidates living in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Mo Ibrahim Foundation Scholarships Application Process
- Applications must be received through the University online application system, accessed via www.birmingham.ac.uk by the 20th May 2018.
- In addition to the usual documents to be submitted, applicants should also upload a 500-word statement and CV. This statement should set out why the applicant is the best candidate for the scholarship.
- Applicants must then send an email to Mrs. Debra Beard (email@example.com) informing her of their wish to be considered for the Mo Ibrahim Scholarship and their ID number. Please include ‘Mo Ibrahim Foundation Scholarships’ in the subject line of the email. Visit The Official Website for more information.