Master card Foundation is offering a scholarship opportunity to students from Africa who would like to pursue Undergraduate and Postgraduate studies at University of Pretoria, South Africa.
The scholarship covers the following;
- Full tuition fees
- Accommodation in a UP residence
- Books and printed material
- A modest monthly stipend
- Medical aid (Ingwe only)
- Travel costs (one return trip for the duration of the study period)
- Cost of one visa application for the duration of the study period.
- Application Deadline: September 15th, 2018
- Offered annually? Yes
- Eligible Countries: Sub-Saharan African countries
- To be taken at (country): South Africa
- Type: Undergraduate and Masters (Taught)
- Number of Awardees: Several
- Value of Scholarship: Full Scholarship
- Duration of Scholarship: Period of degree
- Award Provider: Mastercard Foundation, University of Pretoria
Scholarship Fields of Study:
Faculty of Engineering
- BEng (Industrial Engineering)
- BEng (Chemical Engineering)
- BEng (Civil Engineering)
- BEng (Electrical Engineering)
- BEng (Electronic Engineering)
- BEng (Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering)
- BEng (Mining Engineering)
- BEng (Computer Engineering)
Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences
- BCom (Accounting Science)
- BCom (Financial Science)
- BCom (Economics)
- BCom (Informatics)
- BCom (Agribusiness Management)
Faculty of Natural and Agricultural Sciences
- BScAgric (Food Science and Technology)
- BScAgric (Agricultural Economics/Agribusiness Management)
- BScAgric (Animal Science)
- BScAgric (Plant Pathology)
- BScAgric (Applied Plant and Soil Sciences)
Postgraduate Study Programmes
Master’s degree applicants in the above-mentioned fields may also apply.
Honour’s candidates will be considered if they are prepared to commit to continuing to a Master’s degree.
About the Award:
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program (MCFSP) targets academically qualified, yet economically disadvantaged young people in South Africa, SADC and the rest of Africa, who will contribute to the transformation of the continent.
Community service is a necessary component of the Program with all students giving back to disadvantaged communities.
- Candidates should be citizens of the Sub-Saharan African country.
- Applicants should come from economically disadvantaged backgrounds and demonstrate financial neediness.
- Candidates should demonstrate leadership potential and ought to be involved in a giving back project eg. in a community, at school, church etc
- Academic excellence is paramount and students have to maintain a high academic average at all times.
- Candidates need to be first time applicants as first-year students in the degree programme
The identified scholars need to demonstrate a commitment to making a difference in their communities, have faced significant barriers to accessing and completing quality tertiary education.
The Program provides a comprehensive scholarship, mentoring and counselling, academic support and access to work readiness skills.
How to Apply:
Application for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program can only be submitted after a candidate has been provisionally admitted to study at the University of Pretoria. Provisionally an admission letter will be required.
- Step 1
- Step 2
- Submit your MCFSP application form to firstname.lastname@example.org for undergraduates and email@example.com for postgraduates together with ALL supporting documents as stated on the first page of the application form.
- All potential MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program (MCFSP) applicants for the academic year 2018 have to apply at the respective faculty FIRST before applying for the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program.
- Once your application has been approved then you may apply for the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program.
- No MCFSP applications will be considered if you have not applied at the faculty first.