2018 Mandela Institute For Development Studies Scholarship Program For Leadership Development.
The Mandela Institute For Development Studies (MINDS) is inviting application from interested individuals who wish to pursue post-graduate studies within Africa, outside of their own countries.
Through tailored leadership development activities, the MINDS Scholarship Program aims to nurture leaders who have a continental development mindset; leaders who will facilitate greater cohesion and cooperation between African countries.
Application Deadline: ONGOING
Eligible Countries: Africa
Value Of Scholarship: The scholarship will cover some or all of the expenses below, depending on whether a partial or full scholarship is awarded:
- Accommodation and meals,
- One return ticket per duration of studies,
- A fixed stipend.
Eligibility: To be considered for a MINDS scholarship, you must:
- Be a national of an African country, residing in any African country;
- Have been formally accepted by one or more MINDS preferred institution/s outside of your country of citizenship and/ or residency;
- Have been formally accepted by one or more MINDS preferred institution/s to pursue postgraduate studies within the following year;
- Have obtained at least 70% in each subject/ course in the last two completed years of study;
- Produce evidence of demonstrated leadership abilities or potential guided by the questions/ requirements set out in the application form;
- Submit a complete online application form (see below) with the required supporting documentation.
Application Process: Please have the following documents scanned, saved and ready for uploading. All documents uploaded must be in PDF format. Each attachment should not exceed 2MB in size.
- A copy of the data/ bio page of your passport.
- A certified academic transcript/ results slip of the last two years of study.
- A copy of the official acceptance letter from the university. The letter must:
- Be addressed to the applicant.
- State the degree which the applicant has been accepted to study.
- State the academic year at which the degree will commence.
- State the duration of the course (e.g. one year).
- A copy of a valid study permit or visa OR proof of application. (Optional)
- A detailed CV/ Resume of not more than four (4) single-sided pages.
- Two reference letters (of not more than 3 pages each) addressing the applicant’s demonstration of integrity, their competency and/or potential as a leader and their commitment to the development of the African continent.
Visit The Official Webpage for more information.