The Government of the Republic of Indonesia is annually offering the Darmasiswa Scholarship, a non-degree scholarship program offered to all foreign students from countries which have diplomatic relationship with Indonesia to study Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian Language), art and culture.
The main purpose of the DARMASISWA program is to promote and increase the interest in the language and culture of Indonesia among the youth of other countries. It has also been designed to provide stronger cultural links and understanding among participating countries.
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
To be taken at (country): Scholarships will be taken at the following universities in Indonesia.
Type: Undergraduate, Masters
Number of Scholarships: Several
Value Of Scholarships:
- Living Allowance and accommodation
- Research and book allowances (will be given during the Master Program)
- Health insurance
- Applicants must be citizens of a developing country
- Applicants must be students
- Applicants must be in a good health condition
- Applicants must be Able to communicate in English and additional Bahasa Indonesia is required (Proven by English Language Proficiency Certificate: TOEFL/ TOEIC/IELTS or OTHER CERTIFICATE if applicable);
- Applicants must be Unmarried
- Applicants must not be less than 17 years and Not older than 35 years of age
Application Process: The following are required during application:
- Curriculum vitae/resume
- Medical certificate
- Passport valid at least 18 months from time of arrival in Indonesia (estimated arrival: 1st August 2018)
- Recommendation Letter From Education Institution / Professional Institution on official letterhead and signature (in English)
- Last academic transcript and certificates (in English)
- Language certificate (if applicable)
- Other certificates that related to the field you’re applying (if applicable)
- Writing essay about purpose of study (in english or bahasa Indonesia maximum 500 words)
- All documents must be submitted to your account in apply.darmasiswa.kemdikbud.go.id
Application Deadline: 18th February 2018… Visit the scholarship website for more information.