The Global Forest Watch and the World Resources Institute invites application for the first-ever GFW Tech Fellowship for tech innovators, journalists, conservationists, campaigners, law enforcement officers, lawyers, scientists, analysts, cartographers and indigenous leaders who are committed to expanding their forest monitoring experience and sharing this knowledge with others in their networks.
The GFW Tech Fellowship will equip the most innovative and dedicated forest protection advocates around the world with the skills and cutting-edge technologies to help halt deforestation.
- Application Deadline: 15th July 2018
- Type: Fellowships
|South America||Central Africa||Southeast Asia|
|Colombia||Central African Republic||Malaysia|
|Ecuador||Democratic Republic of the Congo||Papua New Guinea|
|French Guiana||Equatorial Guinea||Timor Leste|
|Peru||Republic of the Congo|
Value Of Scholarships:
- Ongoing mentorship and training opportunities with GFW staff and partners
- A stipend of $6,000 USD
- Access to additional funds to support direct costs, such as in-country travel, trainings, equipment or conference fees
- Roundtrip airfare to Washington, D.C., visa costs, transportation and accommodations for the three-day tech camp
- Communication coverage in WRI’s newsletters, blogs and social media
- Offer innovative ideas on strategies to protect forests
- Exhibit passion for solving environmental challenges
- Understand the potential of harnessing technology for social and environmental good
- Maintain networks through which they will share skills and lessons learned
- Represent diverse genders, geographies, sectors and educational backgrounds
- Champion innovative solutions for tackling complex drivers of deforestation
How To Apply:
To apply for the 2018 GFW Tech Fellowship, please complete the application and submit it no later than June 15th, 2018. The five fellows selected for this first cohort will be notified of selection by July 1st.