First Bank of Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Financial & Regulatory Reporting Manager: First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria’s largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, First-Bank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Financial & Regulatory Reporting Manager
Requisition ID: 1700002E
Job Type: Full-time
Finance Department of FBN Holdings has identified immediate opportunity for suitably qualified and highly competent individual to fill the position of Financial & Regulatory Reporting Manager. This opportunity is open to both internal & external candidates who are self-driven, energetic, and passionate with strong financial accounting, group account preparation, very strong understanding & application of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), deep insight and experience in the preparation of consolidated financial statements and group accounts, experienced in regulatory reporting especially SEC, NSE and CBN, sound knowledge of the Nigeria tax laws and administration, strong presentation skills & excellent knowledge of Excel, MS word and PowerPoint:
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, half yearly and year-end IFRS compliant financial reports for the Group
- Coordinate Holdco and Group’s annual audit exercise by appointed external auditors, and any examination or enquiry regulatory authorities
- Prepare and coordinate the rendition/filing of quarterly and half yearly returns to NSE and SEC
- Prepare and coordinate filling of returns to the CBN as required and in line with the CBN industry framework for financial Holding Companies or as required
- Automate group reporting instructions, processes and procedures for efficiency and effectiveness
- Ensure compliance with all statutory & regulatory requirements.
- Handle all regulatory issues, liaising with regulatory bodies to protect Group’s interest
- Perform analytical review procedures to validate actual results against budget forecast, and understand trends viz-a-viz business activities.
- Manage the review of statutory accounts for all individual subsidiaries, and ensure that they are adhered to at all times
- Monitor compliance with the Group financial reporting instructions and provide timely feedback to Head of Finance
- Provide technical guidance and regular updates on changes to International Financial Reporting Standards to all subsidiaries to aid full IFRS compliance by all subsidiaries
- Ensure compliance with Holdco’s policies, relevant legislation, IFRS, and other best accounting practices
- Processing of transactions
- Payments and petty cash management
- GL maintenance and system control
- Automation of MIS and reports
- Fixed asset accounting
- Work in liaison with FBN Insurance and other departments within the group to ensure adequate insurance coverage for all Holdco assets
- Prepare monthly proofs and reconciliation of all GL accounts.
- Appropriate management, recording and rendering of Payee deductions
- Computation and proper recording of WHT and VAT as applicable on dividend, fees, contracts and all transactions to appropriate Inland Revenue Services
- Preparation and filling of relevant tax returns to appropriate tax authorities (WHT, VAT,PAYE, CITA)
- Liaison with consultants to obtain Tax Clearance Certificates for company and personnel
- A Bachelor’s degree in any discipline (preferably in finance or accounting)
- Professional accounting certification (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CPA)
- Minimum experience – 8 years relevant experience in financial reporting and coordination of audit exercises and reviews.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply online
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.