The residency and fellowship are designed to offer training, support, and funding to help enable extraordinary leaders to advance a specific community initiative. Applications are now open and you’re invited to apply.
Facebook is looking for extraordinary community leaders across the Facebook family of apps and services with a proven track record of leading communities that have a positive impact, build common ground and foster in-person connections.
The residency is at minimum a one-year program, with a length determined in collaboration with residents based on each proposal. The fellowship is a one-year program. Both the residency and the fellowship kick off in summer 2018.
Up to five community leaders with the boldest, highest impact ideas will be selected from around the world as community leaders in residence with a grant of up to $1,000,000 USD each to fund their proposal.
Up to 100 global community leaders will be selected for our fellowship program and will receive a grant of up to $50,000 USD each to be used for a specific community initiative.
Facebook Community Leadership Program Eligibility Requirements:
- Applicants must utilize a product or service within the Facebook family of apps and services for the purpose of building community. This includes but is not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, WhatsApp, Oculus and Facebook connectivity efforts (Free Basics or Express Wi-Fi).
- Applicants must comply with all applicable terms and policies governing the use of our apps and services, and the communities they represent must be in good standing and engaged in activities and discussions that are anchored on positive impact, rather than demeaning other people, groups, or points of view.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age or the age of majority in their local country, whichever is higher.
- Because use of our products is essential to program participation, only applicants from regions and countries where Facebook can legally operate are eligible.
- Given that people selected to participate in the program will receive funding, only applicants from countries where Facebook can legally make payments are eligible.
- Applicants leading communities focused on and/or use of program funds for the following activities are ineligible:
- Political campaign activities (e.g. on behalf of an active candidate for elected office)
- Political lobbying activities (e.g. a 501(c)4 entity in the US)
Benefits of Facebook Community Leadership Program
- Facebook will cover travel, lodging and meal costs for program participants attending in-person gatherings related to the residency or fellowship.
- Both the residency and the fellowship come with training, support and funding. Up to five community leaders with the boldest, highest impact ideas will be selected from around the world as community leaders in residence with a grant of up to $1,000,000 USD each to fund their proposal. Up to 100 people will be selected as community leadership fellows and will receive a grant of up to $50,000 USD each to be used for a specific community initiative.
For More Information: Visit the officially Visit the Official Webpage