The University of Phoenix is pleased to partner with the Arizona Diamondbacks Foundation to offer Education scholarship program.
Established in 1997, the Arizona Diamondbacks Foundation focuses its efforts on three main areas of need: homelessness, indigent healthcare and children’s programs of all types, including education and youth baseball field development.
In addition, the Foundation has created strategic charitable programs that address the needs of our community including fundraisers that support veterans, first responders, cancer programs and educators – just to name a few.
To date, the Arizona Diamondbacks and the Arizona Diamondbacks Foundation have made charitable contributions totalling more than $55 million to non-profit organizations from across Arizona.
Through this scholarship program, five (5) full-tuition scholarships will be offered. Each scholarship will allow a prospective student the opportunity to complete an undergraduate or master’s degree program at the University of Phoenix. Recipients may choose to attend a University of Phoenix campus or online.
Applicants for the scholarship must demonstrate the following to be considered:
- If applicants reside in the United States, they must meet one of the following requirements:
- be a legal resident of the United States
- have been granted permanent residency
- have a valid visa that does not prohibit educational studies
- have been granted temporary protected status along with approved Notice of Action issued by Citizen Immigration Services and verified through CIS Form g-845, or
- have been granted asylum along with the approved Notice of Action issued by the Citizen Immigration Services.
- Applicants who do not currently reside in the United States may disregard this criterion.
- Applicants must be a current resident of Arizona and must currently reside in Arizona. Proof of residency will be required if selected for the scholarship.
- Applicants must not be currently enrolled nor in the process of enrolling at a University of Phoenix campus or an online program at any time prior to the scholarship award date. Applicants who enrol after submitting an application, or before, the award date are not eligible to be a recipient of this scholarship.
- Applicants must meet all admissions requirements of the University of Phoenix if selected as a scholarship recipient.
- Applicants must not be an employee (including full- and part-time faculty) or a family member (spouse, dependent child or domestic partner) of an employee of Apollo Education Group, Inc., University of Phoenix, Western International University or any other subsidiary of Apollo Education Group, Inc.
- Applicants must submit a complete, signed application, together with all supporting documentation, by the deadline listed in the Selection Process section. The completion of the application form does not create an obligation to award a scholarship to the applicant.
- Applicants must submit completed essays as described in the Essay section. High importance will be placed on the applicant’s desire to advance in their education, with an emphasis on furthering their careers, and their impact on the community in which they reside.
- This scholarship opportunity is in academic partnership with Arizona Diamondbacks Foundation, a non-profit organization, and the scholarship process is managed by a staff member at Arizona Diamondback Foundation. The process includes, but is not limited to, application creation, application submission, selection committee formation and recipient list finalization. The application and any additional information, submitted by eligible applicants will be subject to the Arizona Diamondbacks Foundation privacy and confidentiality policies if any.
- The recipient of this scholarship will be selected by the scholarship selection committee consisting of representatives from the University of Phoenix and/or Arizona Diamondbacks Foundation. Non-staff members may assist in the selection committee process.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to submit a complete and signed application, along with all the supporting documentation, which must be received on or before the deadline. The scholarship selection committee accepts no responsibility for incomplete applications, applications not in proper form, lost applications, or any other submission in exception to the instructions.
- The scholarship award will be based on the committee’s scores of the overall quality of the application and the scholarship essays. The higher the average score, the higher the probability of selection.
- Scholarship selection shall be made without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
- The decision of the scholarship selection committee is final and not subject to review.
If you meet the eligibility criteria, complete the scholarship application.
- Access the University of Phoenix Teaming Up for Education Scholarship online application.
- Follow the given instructions.
- Review your complete application and submit.
- Print a copy of the submitted application for your records.
- Applicants under 21 years of age must submit a signed Scholarship Terms & Conditions and Apollo Consent & Release form listed within the scholarship application.
Deadline: A complete application and supporting documentation must be received on, or before, November 30, 2018 Applications received after the designated deadline will not be considered. No exceptions.
Award Date: The scholarship committee will determine the recipients of the scholarship by the award date, February 6, 2019. You will be notified via email by award date regarding the status of the scholarship. You will receive a notification email regardless if you were selected as a recipient or not.
Important Note: Be advised that it is the applicant’s responsibility to submit a complete application, which must be received on or before the deadline as set forth above.
The scholarship committee accepts no responsibility for incomplete applications, applications not in proper form, lost applications, or any other submission. No exceptions.
For questioning and additional information, please email email@example.com.