The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF), IHE Delft Institute for Water Education (IHE Delft) launches the 2019/2020 Master of Science Programme in Sanitation.
This unique, internationally recognized programme is designed for completion in 12 months and there are fellowships available for top talents.
- Application Deadline: Ongoing
- Type: Fellowship (Academic)
- Eligible Countries: Senegal, Uganda, Zambia, Kenya, Ghana, South Africa, Cameroun, Cote d‘Ivoire, Burkina Faso, Malawi, India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Thailand, Indonesia.
- To Be Taken At (Country): IHE Delft in the Netherlands
- Duration of Program: 12 months; Starting from April 2019.
The programme with scholarships available for top talents, is based at IHE Delft in the Netherlands, with thesis work abroad, while, in the near future, the programme will also be available at universities in Asia, Africa and Latin America.
Award Providers: Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF), IHE Delft Institute for Water Education (IHE Delft)
Eligibility Of The Scholarship:
If you wish to apply for this scholarship you need to meet the following criteria:
- Be a national of one of the following countries: Senegal, Uganda, Zambia, Kenya, Ghana, South Africa, Cameroun, Cote d‘Ivoire, Burkina Faso, Malawi, India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Thailand, Indonesia;
- Send confirmation of availability to cover US$20,000 to cover 50% of the total study cost (matching funds);
- Have a provisional admission to the programme (have passed the entrance exam).
Value and Number of Awards:
- 20 top talents will be admitted to the first edition of the MSc in Sanitation (academic cohort 2019-2020) and will receive a scholarship.
- The scholarship cover 50% of the total cost of the programme. An amount of US$20,000 (at this moment EUR 17,500) would need to be matched from other sources. The matching funds can be provided by yourself, your employer and any other sponsor, or combination of those.
If you meet all the above-mentioned conditions, you will be automatically shortlisted for this scholarship. You do not need to apply separately for it.
Apply and read more about this new Master of Science Programme in Sanitation here.
For more information, visit the official scholarship website Official website.