Government of Canada Recruitment of Policy Leaders (RPL) Program 2018.
Are you passionate about making a difference to current Canadian policy files? Apply today to be a part of a dynamic public policy network and to access opportunities in a number of domains such as: gender equality, climate change, health care and much more.
To Be Taken At (Country):
- Government of Canada organizations
- Various locations across Canada
About the Award: Aspiring to shape Canada’s domestic or international policies and programs? A career awaits for you. The Recruitment of Policy Leaders (RPL) program focuses on recruiting exceptional professionals with diverse achievements and experience into mid and senior-level policy positions across the Government of Canada.
Each year, the Recruitment of Policy Leaders (RPL) program seeks talented and accomplished academics, scientists and professionals. The RPL program offers you a unique opportunity to launch directly into stimulating and diverse careers in the federal public service and to make a difference to the lives of Canadians.
Candidates may also be considered for other opportunities at various levels across the Government of Canada.
Eligibility: As part of the application process you will be asked to respond to pre-screening questions about the requirements listed below:
- Education: You must have obtained by December 31, 2018 from a recognized university, a Master’s or a Doctoral degree in any discipline, or a law degree complemented by another undergraduate degree in any discipline.
- Academic excellence or distinctions: You must have obtained a record of academic excellence or a distinction.
- This record of academic excellence or distinction must have been obtained through:
- Scholarships, such as: Trudeau, Rhodes, Fullbright, or Canada’s three federal granting agencies (Canadian Institute of Health Research (CIHR), Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC), Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC); or
- Academic prizes or recognitions, such as: the Governor General’s Academic Medal (Gold or Silver), merit awards, departmental or university awards or admission to internationally competitive academic programs; or
- Other academic distinction or achievement that demonstrate comparable levels of domestic or international academic excellence or achievement; or
- Publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Degree equivalency
- Experience: You must have acquired relevant policy experience in at least one (1) of the following fields: economics, political, legal, social or scientific.
- This policy experience must have been acquired through:
- Work experience; or
Research, studies, presentations or publications; or
Program or policy development or implementation; or
Managerial experience with non-governmental organizations, voluntary organizations, government, businesses, consulting firms, think tanks or universities.
- Work experience; or
- You must also have participated in activities in which you have either taken a leadership role, or demonstrated initiative, which brought about positive change in a community through:
- Voluntary service to a community (e.g. student government, voluntary or not-for-profit sector); or
- Personal accomplishment or initiative (e.g. high-level sporting or cultural achievement, founding a business or other organization); or
- Receipt of community recognition through awards, prizes or other public acknowledgement for non-academic, non-professional achievement or contribution.
- Various language requirements
Selection Criteria: The RPL program assesses candidates on the following requirements:
- Knowledge of Canada’s public policy environment, its challenges and priorities.
- Analytical thinking
- Values and Ethics
- Ability to communicate effectively orally
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing
– Effective interpersonal relations
Number of Awards: Number to be determined
Value of Award: The salary will depend on the position being staffed
How to Apply: Visit the Program Webpage for Details
Award Providers: Government of Canada
Reference number: PSC17J-014695-001161
Selection process number: RLP-RPL-2017-2018
Don’t Attend to Any Call from this WEBSITES Pertaining to Job or Scholarship Offer Requiring Money. We post Job and Scholarship for free