Australia Awards Masters Scholarships, a cornerstone of the Australian Government’s development assistance program for Africa, provide access to postgraduate education, training and professional development opportunities for suitably qualified Africans from eligible countries. On their return to the workplace, Australia Awards Alumni are expected to contribute actively to development in their home countries.
Australia Awards Masters Scholarships are postgraduate scholarships that lead to an academic qualification from an Australian university. The objective of the Awards is to provide high quality education and training to talented Africans who will be in a position, on their return home, to make an important contribution to national or regional development.
Australia Awards Scholarships are currently being offered at Master degree level. Focus sectors reflect areas that have been identified as priorities by partner governments and in which Australia is recognized as having world-class expertise and experience.
Australia Awards aim to promote knowledge, education links and enduring ties between Australia and our neighbors through Australia’s extensive scholarship programs. The initiative aims to build a new generation of global leaders with strong links to Australia.
Award types include:
- Australian Awards Scholarships, to undertake higher degree studies in Australia at Masters level.
- Australia Awards Short Courses, to undertake short-term, targeted professional training courses, in Australia and/or in Africa, in a range of development-focused sectors.
Priority areas are:
- Agricultural Productivity
- Extractives and Natural Resource Management
- Public Policy (especially those focussed on governance and economic policy, including trade policy)
Applications from exceptional candidates will also be considered in the following sectors:
Eligibility Criteria for Australia Awards Masters Scholarships
- You must not be more than 50 years of age at the date of your application.
- You must have at least three (3) years’ relevant post graduate work experience. This work experience must be in a role relevant to your proposed field of study and to your employment organization type (e.g. public sector applicants should demonstrate public sector work experience, and so on). Preference will be given to candidates with greater periods of experience.
- You possess, as a minimum, a Bachelors degree (or the equivalent) from a recognized Institution of at least 4 years in length with at least a 3rd Class Pass.
- Public sector candidates must comply with Government of your country regulations for government employees wishing to apply for scholarships
- Public sector, private sector and civil society candidates must provide evidence of completion of the National Youth Service Corp (NYSC) (for Nigerian candidates- visit adsafrica.com.au for country specific requirements) when they apply.
- You must not already hold, or be studying for, a Masters degree
- You must be willing to make a formal commitment to return to your current employment following completion of the award
The following countries are eligible for Scholarships:
English Language requirements and support
All studies undertaken under Australia Awards are in English and, for postgraduate studies at an Australian University, a high level of English proficiency is required.
English requirements for Masters Awards:
- Candidates for Masters Awards may be required to sit a language proficiency test as part of the selection and course placement process. Language proficiency is tested through the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), an internationally recognized practical English language assessment used by those seeking international education. Alternatively, candidates requiring evidence of English Language Proficiency may also use Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) results. If you are submitting IELTs or TOEFL scores with your application, they should not be more than one year old at the time you make your application.
How to Apply:
For More Information: Visit the Official Webpage of the Australia Awards Masters Scholarships 2018
Don’t Attend to Any Call from this WEBSITES Pertaining to Job or Scholarship Offer Requiring Money. We post Job and Scholarship for free