The African Legal Impact Scholarship was developed to encourage enrollment of students from Africa seeking advanced legal education. Because funds are extremely limited, the African Legal Impact Scholarship can only be provided to two outstanding applicants each year.
- Application Deadline: 15th December 2018
- Eligible Countries: African countries
- To be taken at (country): University of California, Berkeley
- Field of Study: Law
- Type: Masters
- Duration of Programme: 1 year
- Number of Awards: 2
- Value of Award: Recipients will be responsible for paying only the $1,000 seat deposit, plus travel and living expenses.
Eligibility Of The Scholarship:
- Citizenship or primary residence in Africa
- Academic merit
- A Statement of Intention describing what the scholarship recipient plans on accomplishing in Africa after graduating from the LL.M. professional track
- A complete application to the LL.M. professional track program received no later than December 15 (transcripts and letters of recommendation should be sent to LSAC well in advance in order to allow time for processing
- Students must be admitted to the LL.M. professional track program before they can apply for this scholarship. Scholarship application instructions will be provided to eligible admitted students.
- Recipients must maintain a minimum grade standard of ‘P’ (pass) or higher in all classes during the first semester in order to maintain scholarship eligibility during the second semester.
African Legal Impact Scholarship Application Procedure:
A complete application to the LL.M. professional track program received no later than December 15 (transcripts and letters of recommendation should be sent to LSAC well in advance in order to allow time for processing) visit the programme webpage for more information.