Applications for the Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) Scholarship for international students has commenced.
The scholarship which is a collaboration between the Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR), the National University of Singapore (NUS) and the Nanyang Technological University (NTU) is for international applicants seeking admission to pursue a full-time PhD programme at NTU in August 2018.
Eligible Countries: International Students
Country To Be Taken at: Singapore (National University of Singapore (NUS) and the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore)
Eligible Field of Study: PhD in Science, Engineering and Research
Type: PhD, Research
Number of Scholarships: up to 240
Value of Scholarship
- Attractive monthly stipend over 4 years of PhD studies, which can support you comfortably. The stipend amount is SGD 24,000 annually, to be increased to SGD 30,000 after passing Qualifying Examination.
- Full support for tuition fees for 4 years of PhD studies.
- One-time SGD 1,000 Settling-in Allowance
- One-time Airfare Grant of SGD 1,500
- The scholarship is open to all international students
- Excellent academic results to be in the top 20% of your cohort
- Graduate with a passion for research and excellent academic results
- Good skills in written and spoken English
- Good reports from two academic referees
Duration of Scholarship: For the duration of the programme
How to Apply: Interested candidates should visit the application portal to apply.
Hard copies of the following supporting documents must be submitted to the SINGA Office:
- A copy of your Identity Card or Passport
- Certified true copies of university transcript(s), one in English translation and the other in the original language
- Certified true copies of degree scroll(s) or a letter or certification from the university on your candidature if your degree scroll has not yet been conferred.
- Two Academic Referees’ Recommendation
- Two recent passport-sized photographs
Not compulsory but good to include (if any):
- A certified true copy of TOEFL / IELTS results
- A certified true copy of SAT I & II / GRE / GATE results
- Certified true copies of awards / prizes and certificates
- List of publications
- List of patents filed.
Submission deadline: 1 January 2018 (2359hrs GMT +8 Singapore time)
For more Information about this scholarship, kindly visit the Scholarship Webpage