2018 Google Grants for the Professional Development of Educators in Computer Science.
Grantees are welcomed into a community and are supported to make their PD programs as effective and impactful as possible. We encourage grantees to share resources, best practices and engage with other partners to amplify their impact.
In addition to funding, grantees:
- Learn from Google experts about scaling their program’s impact
- Connect with other grantees through the community of practice
- Save time using our evaluation templates
- Measure the effectiveness of their PD program through automated reports
2018 Google Grants Eligibility Criteria
You must be affiliated with a research institution, university / higher education institution and/or an educational nonprofit such as a professional development organisation, school or a local office of education. The funding criteria for 2018 in EMEA are:
- Educator Audience: Pre-service or in-service teachers who reach students ages 10-18
- Content: Professional development (PD) content based on the needs of your Educator Audience, mapped to your local/national CS standards (if relevant), and relevant for an in-class implementation of CS (i.e. standalone CS course, or interdisciplinary application of CS).
- Format and Schedule: PD delivered throughout the 2018-2019 academic year with a format and schedule based in meet the needs of your Educator Audience
- Support: Community of Practice (COP) that supports ongoing commitment of educators and implementation of CS content in the classroom throughout the 2018-2019 academic year.
Previous applicants are welcome to apply, if adding a new dimension to former projects or launching a new CS project.
Apply for 2018 Google Grants
Research institutions, universities, and educational nonprofits propose professional development opportunities for their local teachers. Click here to apply Application process.